Yesterday, Digital Repository @ Iowa State University collected its 1,000,000th download… and we’ve only been in operation for less than two years! Since we launched in April 2012, we’ve added 11,745 university publications and journal articles, conference proceedings and other scholarship created by Iowa State’s brilliant faculty, students and staff.
Our most frequently downloaded works are our theses and dissertations, which demonstrates the excellence of graduate students we have on campus, as well as the quality of our faculty who mentor them and the innovation of the research projects they work on. Our top five works are:
- Andrea M. Siefers, “A novel and cost-effective hydrogen sulfide removal technology using tire derived rubber particles” (MS thesis, Iowa State University, 2010)
Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, 8,007 downloads
- Juhee Kang, “Social media marketing in the hospitality industry: The role of benefits in increasing brand community participation and the impact of participation on consumer trust and commitment toward hotel and restaurant brands” (PhD dissertation, Iowa State University, 2011)
Department of Apparel, Events and Hospitality Management, 7,883 downloads
- Sungmin Hyun, “Re-examination of Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory of Motivation in the Korean Army Foodservice Operation” (MS thesis, Iowa State University, 2009).
Department of Apparel, Events and Hospitality Management, 7,178 downloads
- Charles D. Graziano, “A performance analysis of Xen and KVM hypervisors for hosting the Xen Worlds Project” (MS thesis, Iowa State University, 2011)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 6,919 downloads
- Priyanka N. Karandikar, “Chawls: Analysis of a middle class housing type in Mumbai, India” (MS thesis, Iowa State University, 2010)
Department of Architecture, 6,676 downloads